LINCOLNSHIRE SWING EVENTS 2021
HOW TO ENTER THE LINCOLNSHIRE SWING EVENTS 2021.
The Individual Lincolnshire Swing is on June the 7th to 9th.
For this event you can either enter on your own or with friends and we don't mind if you wish to play together or mix with others. It's an individual Stableford format played from the yellow/red tees with daily prizes and overall too. The entry fee is £165.00 per person which represents great value for the courses you get to play. The field is limited to 125 entries and usually fills up before the end of February. You would make your own accommodation arrangements with most staying in or around Woodhall.
The Mixed Lincolnshire Swing is on August 30th to 1st September.
This is a Mixed Pairs Better Ball Stablord format and limited to 50 pairs, yellow tees for the boys and red of course for the ladies. Prizes for each day and overall, competitive but very sociable.Entry Fee £298.00 per pair.
Both events are a great way to make new golfing friends or have a break away with your own friends whilst playing on three very different and challenging golf courses. A links at Seacroft, the parkland course at Blankney and a classic heathland course at Woodhall Spa.
HOW TO ENTER.
Call this mobile number 07850452189 and I can take your entry over the phone or entry sheets are available on Golf Empire. Start times will be on the Blankney Home Page of the website 2/3 weeks before each event. Help with appropriate start times will be considered for travel arrangement.
CLUB CHAMPS & WESTMORELAND CUP
Thanks for making this years Club Championship & Westmoreland Cup a great success and it was nice to see so many on the 18th green when the final flight came in.
Well done to the 2020 Club Champion Craig Toyne and the 2020 Westmoreland Cup Winner Andrew Shepherd.
A breakdown on prize money is as follows:
- 1st Craig Toyne £100
- 2nd Sam Moyses £60
- 3rd Rob Willerton £40
- 1st Andrew Shepherd £100
- 2nd Rob Willerton £60
- 3rd Dave Spencer £40
Day 1 Medal
- 1st Andrew Shepherd £40
- 2nd Nick Everington £30
- 3rd John Dempster £20
Day 2 Medal
- 1st Andrew Akenga £40
- 2nd Rob Willerton £30
- 3rd Archie Moyses £20
2's Money £7.50 each
GENTS COMPETITION - MICHAEL HORTON RESULTS
Well done to Greg Thurgo on winning the Michael Horton Memorial.
Results on members section.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP & WESTMORELAND CUP FORMAT
COMPETITION DETAILS – CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP & WESTMORELAND CUP
1. Competitions being played for are as follows:
a. Comp A - 36 Hole Medal (Scratch). The Winner of this comp will be the Serving Member returning the best scratch medal score over 36 holes (Day 1 & 2 rounds) and will be awarded the Club Champion Trophy.
b. Comp B - 36 Hole Medal (Handicap). The Winner of this comp will be the Serving Member returning the best 36 hole handicap medal score over 36 holes (Day 1 & 2 rounds) and will be awarded the Westmoreland Cup.
c. Comp C - Best 18 Hole Medal (Handicap) Day One. The Winner of this comp will be the player returning the best 18 hole handicap medal score over the day one round. (Winners of competitions A, B and D are not eligible for this prize)
d. Comp D - Best 18 Hole Medal (Handicap) Day Two. The Winner of this comp will be the player returning the best 18 hole handicap medal score over the day two round. (Winners of competitions A, B and C are not eligible for this prize)
2. In the event of ties the following applies:
3. 36 Hole Competitions:
1) Club Championship. Sudden Death play Off. Holes 1,5 & 18 - repeat until winner.
2) Westmoreland Cup. The best score for the last eighteen holes wins, if there is still a tie then the last nine, then six, then three or the last hole. Further countback rules are available if there is still a tie.
4. 18 Hole Competitions. The best score for the last nine holes wins, then six, then three or the last hole.
5. A member who returns the best scores in both the Club Championship & Westmoreland may win both competitions but cannot be eligible for a prize in the individual 18 hole handicap competitions.
6. Precedence will be the winners in order, of the Club Championship, Westmoreland Cup, Day One 18 Hole Handicap Medal Competition and then Day Two 18 Hole Handicap Medal Competition.
7. Once these have been allocated, the runners up, again in order, of the Club Championship, Westmoreland Cup, Day One 18 Hole Handicap Medal Competition and then Day Two 18 Hole Handicap Medal Competition.
8. A separate 2’s pot will be running each day, this will be controlled by the Pro Shop on registration.
COSTS & BREAKDOWN
9. The cost for both days for all competitors will be £10 less the 2’s pot. This will cover entry into all four competitions. The 2's pot will be £2 per day.
10. Breakdown of prize funds will be (based on 60 entries and not including any % levy taken by the club):
a. Club Championship Fund - £180 (Approximately)
b. Westmoreland Cup Fund - £220 (Approximately)
c. Day 1 Handicap Medal Fund - £100 (Approximately)
d. Day 2 Handicap Medal Fund - £100 (Approximately)
11. The running order for Day 1 will be handicap order with the lowest handicapped players going off first.
12. Running order for day 2 will be promulgated after the scores from day one have been verified with the best scratch medal score from day 1 going off last then in reverse order.
AMATEUR CUP AND SALVER
Well done to Bruce Saunderson for winning the Amateur Cup & Dean Creasey for winning the Amateur Salver.